Saturday, February 12, 2005

Is it yet a typical Saturday?

Oh, yes!. Its another typical Saturday here in The Netherlands. Windy, rainy, and about 10˚C (één graad of tien, so they say in dutch). It is one of those days that you feel extremely encouraged to stay in bed. Great!.

I don't have much plans for today: some clean up, shopping at the nearby mall, working on my thesis, and going to work. Yes, I know. Going to work in the weekend is not good for my mental health. I can't help it. I have no tv at home and I feel like watching the launch of the Ariane 5 ECA, quite a historical event for the ESA though.

At work, they usually organise especial events around important ESA achivements. In events like today, because ESA's mission control is at ESOC (Germany), I have very little chances to follow all the happenings from the front line. We can't have all fun here at ESTEC. Thus my only chance is to watch all via the ESA's tv channel. Today at ESTEC, the evening programma starts at 19h with a short presentation speech by a guy from the University of Groningen. Around 20h we should get the tv feed directly from the Spaceport in Kourou. I'm hopeful the Ariane 5 will not fail again as it did on december 2002. Let keep fingers crossed.

Now I must go on. As I said before, I have some things to do today before the fun start. I shall write more on this evening happenings.

Adios

No comments: